Skip to main content
Follow my blog with Bloglovin Follow

Featured post

Time to Run - The New Walking Dead Book

My Works - Wattpad My Books on Amazon here . I have some ongoing stories on Wattpad ... check them out...

3. Trying the Chair

Photo credit: Denise Larkin

My eyes opened. I was startled to see that I was sitting on a beach. The waves were rolling in and out. It was completely deserted. Not a person in sight until I got up and turned around to see a man standing on a rock in the distance. He seemed tall and gracious. He was also familiar. 
Who was he? 
I couldn't see his face clearly, so I walked nearer and then I knew who it was. It was the character named Damon Salvatore from The Vampire Diaries or rather the actor Ian Somerhalder was really here. I was shocked that this had worked. I was really here. It felt real as I walked nearer.
I moved closer to the rock and hoped he would speak to me but he didn't move. The nearer I got, I could see his face clearly and decided to talk to him.
"Hello, Damon. Do you know who I am?" I asked. 
It was a silly question because he might not be programmed to know who I was at all. I didn't know why I had asked that but he just kept on staring at me. I wasn't sure if he was going to say anything but I wanted him to look at me and acknowledge me.
Suddenly, I realised how odd this was. The whole thing felt real but nothing about it was scary. I moved closer to Damon until I was close enough to put out my hand and touch him. I stretched my arm out and touched his hand. I thought I saw his flicker so I looked into them. They were bright blue but they shimmered as the sun glowed on him.
As I was touching his hand, he moved slightly, and then I saw him smile at me.
"Hey, can you talk?" I asked. "Do you know why you are here? I think I summoned you to be here."
He just stood there. He didn't reply. I wished that he would move or say something so I stepped back a few paces hoping he would follow me. I saw his mouth move but he didn't speak. 
I kept staring at him and then I saw something remarkable. His lips moved and his mouth opened wide. I saw him turn into the vampire he truly was when he was in The Vampire Diaries. His teeth emerged they were sharp. I felt afraid. Suddenly, I didn't know what to do. I was rooted to the spot. I think I willed him to come nearer because as I did he jumped off of the rock and showed his vicious nature.
Suddenly, everything went black, and then I was back in the chair.
I opened my eyes and realised I was back in the chair. I felt dazed as I looked at Dr Darrell.
"Are you okay Lucy? How did it feel?" He asked excitedly.
"Oh, very odd but interesting. I'm literally amazed. I mean... it felt like I was really there but I knew I wasn't. It was unbelievable Dr Darrell." I said still feeling in awe.
"Did you talk to the character or see him? Tell me all about it... I want you to write it all down too and leave nothing out." He said as he gave me his hand to help me up from the chair.
"Yes, I saw him... but... he didn't answer me and I touched his hand and moved back away from him and then... just as I did... I came back here. I think he was about to attack me though because in the tv show he is a vampire so I saw his teeth emerge. I think he wanted to bite me... although... I did think that before it was about to happen. The experience was very real though. It was vivid and exciting. I'd love to experiment some more with it. I wanted more time there." I was elated at how brilliant it was to see the character of Damon Salvatore from The Vampire Diaries.
"I couldn't let you stay there for too long the first time around. Your brain must get used to the chair slowly, so it is best that you do this for a few minutes each day until your mind becomes accustomed to the chair." Darrell smiled for a moment and continued to talk some more. "I'm glad you found it interesting Lucy. Now I can tell you more about 'the chair' and what I hope to succeed with it. Come... I'll show you to your office and then you can write this all down before you forget what you saw. I want a detailed account from you immediately and you must read up on what I have written about 'the chair' so you can learn more about it."
I felt excited at the prospect of learning more about Darrell's new invention and what it would be used for in the future. I felt proud that I had found this job. I knew I was going to enjoy it immensely. This was going to be an interesting project and I wondered why Darrell had made it but most of all who wanted to use his invention. Suddenly, I was deeply curious. What was 'the chair' intended for? Who was it invented for? The government? 

Did you enjoy this chapter? Please leave a comment if you did saying that you enjoyed it!
To be continued................................

Read Chapter 4


Watch the trailer of my new book out now on Amazon:




Copyright 2022 Denise Larkin.  All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction to The Chair - A Sci-Fi Novel Set in New York

An Introduction to The Chair and the cast will be revealed in this post. The Chair is a sci-fi story set in a fictional New York City. Check out who plays Lucy Bridges, Peter Williams and Dr Darrel Simmons along with other fictional characters that may pop up in the story.  These fictional characters maybe from movies, tv shows and more. Some of them so far have been Damon from The Vampire Diaries , Dean and Sam Winchester from Supernatural. Now find out who is starring in The Chair . New York City - taken by Denise Larkin

10. Doctor Darrell's Answer

The Chair "Hello, Doctor... it's Lucy," I said.

The Chair - A Fiction Novel by Dee Larkin

Photo credit: (taken in New York) by myself The Chair by Denise Larkin Read on below...