Skip to main content
Follow my blog with Bloglovin Follow

Featured post

Time to Run - The New Walking Dead Book

My Works - Wattpad My Books on Amazon here . I have some ongoing stories on Wattpad ... check them out...

16. The Truth

I opened my eyes and saw Peter's angry stare as his hand tapped my pocket. The charm was in there and he knew it.


"I know what you have in your pocket. I want to know where you got it but do not take it out. Do not touch it," he said.
"Peter... I can explain. It's not what you think. I can touch this charm. It doesn't do anything to me. It doesn't work as yours does. Trust me. I'm telling the truth," I explained hoping he would listen but I could see his eyes change colour slightly.
"Tell me where you got it. I have to know why there are two charms."

"Okay. I got it whilst I was transported in Dr. Darrell's chair. I must have been in another dimension or something because I saw a character from a tv show I usually watch and he was holding the charm. I think I took it from him and put it in my pocket and then, the next minute, I was back in the chair. I opened my eyes and felt the charm still in my pocket. I thought it was strange that I had brought something back with me and... I was fascinated by it but I honestly can't remember why I took or if I did take it... something doesn't add up because I can't seem to remember much else," I told him.
"I see but you can't usually bring stuff back when you are using the chair. I have never tried to take anything but I didn't think that this was possible. In fact, this is a breakthrough... now we know that we can bring stuff back but this charm might be dangerous Lucy."
I knew what he meant but so far, the charm felt normal to me. I wasn't threatened by it. It didn't make me feel odd in any way and it had a different design to Peter's one. Mine was bigger and had a flowery design. It was also a lot older looking whereas Peter's charm was shinier and had a glint of light to it when he moved it. The charm I now took out of my pocket was bigger.
"I said don't touch it, Lucy," Peter yelled.
"It's okay. It won't do anything to me. Look," I said as I held it up in my hand. 
He watched me closely as I held onto it. I watched Peter as he stared at me. I was still sitting in the chair holding the charm. Nothing happened had happened to me. I didn't magically disappear like he thought I would. I was still here. Was he scared of it?
I knew that he was because I could see the terror in his wide eyes. He squinted as he stared at me. I could see how terrified he was.
"Hey... I'm fine. Look... nothing happened. I swear it's not like your charm at all. It's just an ancient piece of junk," I assured him with a wide smile as I stood up.
He backed away from me. He still wasn't convinced that nothing would happen. He moved even further away from me.
"Tell me everything that happened that day and why you took it. Did something make you take it?" Peter asked as I started to try and remember.
 I was left standing there. I felt stupid. Why did I put it in my pocket? Did I take it for fun? Had I been under some kind of spell at the time? No. I was being silly!
Of course, I couldn't quite remember why I had taken this charm. It was as if what happened had been wiped from my mind. I couldn't remember anything. I did remember seeing a character from the hit tv show called Supernatural that I loved watching, but nothing else stood out. I couldn't quite remember what had exactly occurred. I tried to remember which character I'd seen. It had been Sam Winchester. I tried to remember if anything he had done anything suspicious but nothing came to me. Did I take the charm on purpose or was it given to me? Why did I put it in my pocket? Most of all, why couldn't I remember anything else?
I didn't know what to tell Peter. He was standing there waiting for me to speak but I couldn't tell him much.
"All I can remember is that I opened my eyes and I was in some kind of spooky town and I saw a character from the hit tv show Supernatural. He was holding the charm but I can't remember much else other than I woke up and the charm was in my pocket. I think something has happened to my memory, Peter. How can that happen?" I asked him hoping he would have the right answer.
"I think it's the charm. It's slowly making you forget how you acquired it. You better put it down now!" Peter yelled sharply at me.
 I suddenly decided to trust him because I felt a spark go through my fingers as I held the charm in my hand. I rushed over to the nearby table and dropped the charm on it. I nearly fell backward from shock but Peter caught me in time and pulled me away. I panicked thinking the charm had gotten inside my skin. If it hadn't been for Peter, I think I would have been harmed by it or maybe zapped to a different dimension, but I was still here as I felt Peter's arms go around me.
Something terrible went through me. I could feel it. I had a haunting feeling that I might have already been caught by it. Had the charm harmed me? Would I now be trapped by it like Peter was with his charm? I had no idea but I intended to find out!

To be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction to The Chair - A Sci-Fi Novel Set in New York

An Introduction to The Chair and the cast will be revealed in this post. The Chair is a sci-fi story set in a fictional New York City. Check out who plays Lucy Bridges, Peter Williams and Dr Darrel Simmons along with other fictional characters that may pop up in the story.  These fictional characters maybe from movies, tv shows and more. Some of them so far have been Damon from The Vampire Diaries , Dean and Sam Winchester from Supernatural. Now find out who is starring in The Chair . New York City - taken by Denise Larkin

10. Doctor Darrell's Answer

The Chair "Hello, Doctor... it's Lucy," I said.

The Chair - A Fiction Novel by Dee Larkin

Photo credit: (taken in New York) by myself The Chair by Denise Larkin Read on below...