Skip to main content
Follow my blog with Bloglovin Follow

Featured post

Time to Run - The New Walking Dead Book

My Works - Wattpad My Books on Amazon here . I have some ongoing stories on Wattpad ... check them out...

11. A Supernatural Dilemma

New York City - The chair


I went back to my office and sat at my desk contemplating what to do next. I hadn't used the chair yet and I wanted to try it again. I felt confident now that I had read Dr Darrell's manual and notes thoroughly. All I needed to do was use my mind to think of the places I would go to. What if I could find out more about Peter? Was he hiding something?
I knew there was something more about him that I needed to know. His disappearance from the building was playing on my mind and I wanted to find out where he had gone. Was he something strange? Should I look into him like this?
I had no choice. I had to find out! I needed to know who he really was or what he was. My mind was ravaged every time I remembered looking into Peter's lit up eyes. They had appeared bright and shiny as if he had possessed a demonic power of some kind. I shook the thought away. How silly! But wasn't it possible that Peter was something else? Something strange or unimaginable? No! 
I tried to forget about it and put those thoughts to the back of my mind. I browsed the notes once more to be sure. Dr Darrell's theories about mind control were incredibly thorough and I knew I could make it work.
I made some coffee for myself and then read as much as I could for another hour. I felt ready. I got up and unlocked the door. The chair always made me feel sensational after using it. The feeling of its use was like an indentation in my brain. The memory of seeing the things I had seen was always so great in my mind. I could never forget the man I had seen. The man who I thought looked like Peter. Why had I seen him whilst using the chair? Was there a reason why I was meant to meet him today? Was the man on the train someone different or was it Peter's double? 
I didn't have any answers to my questions. The only thing I thought of doing was to use the chair. I could find out more about Peter. I could use the chair to seek the answers I needed. I was sure that it would work. It said so in Dr Darrell's manual and his notes. I wanted to work this out. I had to make it work when I sat on the chair.
I stood near the chair and touched the side of it. The leather was smooth and it looked just like a real chair but for the electrical buttons on the other side of it. No one would know what it did if they happened to come across it. It really just appeared like a normal chair.
I entered a time limit for myself on the keypad so the chair would wake me up. I didn't want to be too long on it either as the manual said to take it slowly at first even though I had already used it before. I wanted to be cautious. I also entered some thoughts into the configuration system. It seemed easy enough and I was satisfied that I had entered everything correctly. I hoped I had done it right. I hoped it would let me see more of Peter's life or something about him at least.
I slid into the seat and rested my back against the leather as I felt my arms and legs were being clamped in. I lay the palm of my hand over the start button and I closed my eyes. I thought of the place where I wanted to go and then pressed my palm onto the button. I then felt a powerful zap on my head which pulled me down into the chair further.
Darkness overtook me and then I opened my eyes. It was bright outside and I was sitting in a field. I hadn't thought of this place so why was I here? 
Of course, Peter's face had been in my mind so this didn't make sense.
I looked ahead as I stood up. I could see the beach. I walked on. As I reached a clearing to the beach, I saw a tall figure standing in front of me. It was a man. He was standing ever so still with his back to me.
"Hello... excuse me," I asked trying to get the man's attention. "Can you tell me what beach this is or where I am? I seem to be lost."
The man turned and I nearly fell over when I saw his face. It looked like Dr Darrell in his younger self. I was shocked. Had I gone back in time?
I heard a sudden scream in the distance and I turned to see where it had come from, but when I turned back around, Dr Darrell had disappeared. Where did he go?
I felt a strange chill upon me so I walked back to the fields until I came to a road. I kept walking until I came to a town that I realised I recognised from a television show I had seen recently. It was a freaky town from the Supernatural tv show. I laughed out loud to myself when I also realised who was standing in the distance. It was Dean Winchester from Supernatural! What was happening? Was this a metaphor about Peter Williams? Why was I seeing Dean Winchester?
I remembered the last episode I had watched of Supernatural. It was of Dean and Sam Winchester being surrounded by weird monsters. So, I tried to figure it out. Perhaps, Peter was something other than himself. Was that it? 
I felt weird as I stared at Dean Winchester standing in front of me. I was in awe of him as this seemed to be as real as anything I had ever seen. I smiled at him and he smiled back at me. What was happening?
As I thought it, I felt something change around me and I suddenly felt slightly dizzy. I sank to the ground and shouted.
"Help me, Dean."


To be continued... Read Chapter 12 here.

A clip from Supernatural:





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction to The Chair - A Sci-Fi Novel Set in New York

An Introduction to The Chair and the cast will be revealed in this post. The Chair is a sci-fi story set in a fictional New York City. Check out who plays Lucy Bridges, Peter Williams and Dr Darrel Simmons along with other fictional characters that may pop up in the story.  These fictional characters maybe from movies, tv shows and more. Some of them so far have been Damon from The Vampire Diaries , Dean and Sam Winchester from Supernatural. Now find out who is starring in The Chair . New York City - taken by Denise Larkin

10. Doctor Darrell's Answer

The Chair "Hello, Doctor... it's Lucy," I said.

The Chair - A Fiction Novel by Dee Larkin

Photo credit: (taken in New York) by myself The Chair by Denise Larkin Read on below...