Skip to main content
Follow my blog with Bloglovin Follow

Featured post

Time to Run - The New Walking Dead Book

My Works - Wattpad My Books on Amazon here . I have some ongoing stories on Wattpad ... check them out...

13. Charm from the Past

I got up from the chair and looked at Dr Darrell's fuming reaction. Was he annoyed about something? What was wrong?





"Are you okay Dr Darrell? You seem angry," I said.
"I'm fine... but you were on the chair for far too long this time, Lucy."
"I know... but I only added an extra five minutes and I was careful," I lied. 
I hadn't been careful at all because I had brought something back with me. Dr Darrell didn't allow it. It was one of his rules that I'd read in his manual. I knew it was against everything but I hadn't realised what I was doing when I put it in my pocket. I had been in a completely different world. Something had led me to keep it hidden in my pocket. It was as if I had been in a trance.
I got up out of the chair. I was about to go to my office when Dr Darrell spoke.
"Lucy, I don't want you to use the chair for a week now... you need to have a break from it. Give me your key."
He put his hand out for the key to the room where the chair was kept. I didn't want to give it to him but I knew I had to. It was his invention after all. So I handed it over to him.
"Will you give it back to me after one week? I have so much to discover with it, Dr Darrell. Today, I saw the past and a character from a tv show."
"You saw the past? What did you see?" He asked.
"I saw you as a young man and you were with a boy on a beach."
His reaction was surprising. He was spooked for some reason.
"Me? A boy? I don't understand why you saw that... who was the boy? Do you know?"
"I thought that he might be your son... do you have a son Doctor?"
"No... but it might be Peter Williams... I remember going to the beach with him and his family once many years ago."
"Oh, I see... did he own a silver charm of some kind?" I asked hoping he would know something about it.
"A silver charm? Did you see it?" Dr Darrell eyes lit up.



"Yes, it was incredibly shiny and silver. Do you know what it is or why I saw it?" I asked hoping he would know.
"I bought it many years ago... it has a special story to it but I can't understand why you saw my past and that charm. The charm was a gift that I bought for Peter. I found it in an old antic shop when I was out with him one day. The woman in the shop spun a story to him giving the impression that it was magical. I know she told him a story like that because he was a child. It was just a silly story about a charm that could stop time and take you to a different world."
"Really? Sounds interesting..." I answered.
"Now that I think about it... she was weird. I remember how that shop seemed dark and strange at the time but Peter was fascinated with everything in it. I suppose he was thrilled about the charm when I bought it for him... I can't see how you would see my past whilst using the chair. Clearly, there is more to my chair than I realised." He said as he moved away and waited for me to leave the room.
He was right. There was more to the chair than we both realised. The charm appearing whilst using the chair was kind of weird. It had done something to Sam Winchester too or at least I had seen a metaphor of what it could do. I was determined to bring it home with me and I had no intention of telling Dr Darrel that I had it in my pocket. I would do some research as soon as I got home.
I left the room. Dr Darrell locked up and I went straight to my office to think. It wasn't long until it was 5 pm and it was time to go home. I said goodbye to Dr Darrell and removed the charm from my pocket and into my handbag. It excited me to have it in my possession. What would I find out about it? Was it magical? Did Peter still possess the charm?
I was sure that Peter still had it because he had suddenly vanished when he had left. Could the charm make you disappear? 
I wasn't sure but I was definitely excited about it. I wanted to confront Peter about it. I wanted to find out if he still had it and if so, what did it do? Would he be annoyed if I asked him? He didn't seem too pleased when I told him he couldn't use the chair so perhaps, he wouldn't tell me, but I needed to find out. 
I had to know what was going on. It was my job to explore anything about the chair and why I had seen the charm that I now had in my handbag. Could it be the original charm or was it a copy?
My mind imagined many things about it on the train home. Walking home to my apartment, I felt quite perplexed when I clutched my handbag tightly as I saw a man standing by a black limousine who seemed familiar in some way. As I walked closer, I could see who it was... it was Peter Williams! What was he doing here? 
He turned and saw me coming his way. He didn't smile but smirked at me. I was spooked. Why was here and how did he know that I lived here? And what did he want?

To be continued...

Watch a few Supernatural clips below...







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction to The Chair - A Sci-Fi Novel Set in New York

An Introduction to The Chair and the cast will be revealed in this post. The Chair is a sci-fi story set in a fictional New York City. Check out who plays Lucy Bridges, Peter Williams and Dr Darrel Simmons along with other fictional characters that may pop up in the story.  These fictional characters maybe from movies, tv shows and more. Some of them so far have been Damon from The Vampire Diaries , Dean and Sam Winchester from Supernatural. Now find out who is starring in The Chair . New York City - taken by Denise Larkin

10. Doctor Darrell's Answer

The Chair "Hello, Doctor... it's Lucy," I said.

The Chair - A Fiction Novel by Dee Larkin

Photo credit: (taken in New York) by myself The Chair by Denise Larkin Read on below...