Skip to main content
Follow my blog with Bloglovin Follow

Featured post

Time to Run - The New Walking Dead Book

My Works - Wattpad My Books on Amazon here . I have some ongoing stories on Wattpad ... check them out...

6. A Journey

Photo credit: Denise Larkin (New York City)

The next thing I could feel was a pulling sensation and then I felt the sound of the train. I opened my eyes and there in front of me was the man I had seen the day before. He was smiling at me, so I stared right back at him; more than I had done before because I was determined to find out who he was or at least try to talk to him.
He was ruggedly handsome and looked around 28 to 30 years old or so. His dark hair was thick and wavy. He stared back at me and I could feel my tummy starting to whirl excitedly. I was nervous now that I was here in front of him and I wasn't sure what my next move would be.
The way he stared at me sent shivers down my spine. His eminence overpowered me. I felt an instant passion for this man who I did not know. It was weird how I could feel this way and how I could sense something about him so quickly. 
I have had relationships in the past but none of them had been serious enough to make me feel like this. Was this really what I was feeling or was he putting a spell over me? 
Whatever this was right now, I wanted to revel in it. I wanted it to consume me for as long as possible because I felt elated at the sight of this man's face. Seeing him now, made me want to learn more about him.
Suddenly, the train stopped and I watched him get off. I got off too and followed him. I wasn't sure if he knew I was there behind him. I kept behind him but not too close that it would arouse suspicion.
I wanted to know who he was and where he was going. Finally, I saw a tall building. He walked inside of it and he went into a lift. I had lost him. I watched as the lights above the door of the lift illuminated the numbers so I waited to see which floor it would stop on. 
As I concentrated on doing this, I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around. A man in a uniform stood before me.
"Can I help you? Are you looking for someone?" He asked.
I was immediately unsure why this man had noticed me standing here. It was unusual because this was my reality, not his.
"Er....yes. The man that just went up in the lift; do you know who he is?" 
It was a long shot but I hoped he'd know and then tell me. I knew I could get anyone to tell me the truth whilst I was here and that I was sure about.
"Yes, I do. That's Mr Peter Williams. He's a nice man. Do you need to see him?"
"No, but could you tell me what he does for a living and if he lives here?"
"Yes, Miss. He's an Architect. Very well known in New York and yes, he lives in this building. He's on the top floor, apartment 13. He has the whole of the top floor for himself." He said.
"Thanks very much for your help," I said smiling back at him. 
I had gotten the information I had wanted.
The man nodded and went behind the reception desk as I left the building.
My eyes opened as I lay in 'the chair'. 
I smiled. I had achieved what I had set out to do and I was glad I was getting better at using 'the chair'. I got up and was eager to write it all down in my notebook.

Did you enjoy this chapter? Please comment. Thanks for reading.

To be continued...................

Read Chapter 7






Copyright 2018 Denise Larkin.  All Rights Reserved.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction to The Chair - A Sci-Fi Novel Set in New York

An Introduction to The Chair and the cast will be revealed in this post. The Chair is a sci-fi story set in a fictional New York City. Check out who plays Lucy Bridges, Peter Williams and Dr Darrel Simmons along with other fictional characters that may pop up in the story.  These fictional characters maybe from movies, tv shows and more. Some of them so far have been Damon from The Vampire Diaries , Dean and Sam Winchester from Supernatural. Now find out who is starring in The Chair . New York City - taken by Denise Larkin

10. Doctor Darrell's Answer

The Chair "Hello, Doctor... it's Lucy," I said.

The Chair - A Fiction Novel by Dee Larkin

Photo credit: (taken in New York) by myself The Chair by Denise Larkin Read on below...