Skip to main content
Follow my blog with Bloglovin Follow

Featured post

Time to Run - The New Walking Dead Book

My Works - Wattpad My Books on Amazon here . I have some ongoing stories on Wattpad ... check them out...

7. Who is Peter Williams?

Photo credit: Denise Larkin - New York building


I debated whether to go back to the building where Peter Williams lived without using the chair. I knew what street it was on but I had no idea what I would say about why I was there.
I decided to google Peter Williams. I wanted more information about him. I wasn't sure why I wanted to know more about him but I think my curiosity was getting the better of me.
I found out on Google that he was an architect who had designed the building he lived in. He was very wealthy but mysterious. There was no mention of his personal life. I knew he didn't have a wife or children because it was obvious in the sense that he seemed alone. The only hobby that was listed on his biography profile was that he had an interest in scientific matters which piqued my curiosity further.
Why would an architect be interested in science? I checked more on his education and what qualifications he had gained. There was nothing there to show that he had studied science.
I didn't know why, but I hoped that he had studied science as I had. I wanted to have something in common with him. Of course, he had an interest in scientific matters, so perhaps, he would come into my life somehow in the future which was ironic to think such a thing especially as I had only seen him once on a train.
The shrilling sound of the telephone ringing brought me back to life, clearing away my thoughts. I answered it. It was Dr Darrell.
"Hello Lucy," I heard Darrell say.
"Hi, Darrell, what's up?"
"I'm still at this blasted conference, but I wanted to let you know that I have been reminded of a visit I was supposed to have from someone who is interested in my work. I can't get hold of him to cancel it. So, I wondered if you could meet him and show him around. Give him my apologies as well," he said.
"Oh ok... What do you need me to show him or tell him?" I asked.
"Well he wants to become an investor in some of my work and he is a good person to have if needed. I trust him too. So, you can show him the chair if you like but only if you want to. If you think you can trust him, then by all means, go ahead and tell him about it," I heard him state with a slight cough afterwards.
"The chair? Are you sure? Do you trust him?" I asked apprehensively.
"Yes. I trust him very much. I knew his father and we were the closest of friends. This man is even more trustworthy than his father was... God rest his soul... " He sighed.
"Right... well... if you think it is safe, then I will show him it but only after I have spoken to him and I am sure of his personality. Is that okay Darrell?" I asked still feeling unsure about it.
"Yes. Good. Tell him everything you know about it if you want."
"But does he know anything about science? He may not understand how things can work with the chair." I said.
"Oh, he is more than qualified and he will understand everything. He is qualified enough in science matters to even fix the chair if needed. Trust me. He is the person we need on our team." Darrell replied.
"Right then... what is his name and what time is he arriving today?" I asked.
"He will arrive at 3 pm and his name is Peter Williams." He said as my heartbeat suddenly went wild and my mind swirled in a spin at the sound of this man's name.
"What did you say?" I asked again just to be sure I had heard Darrel right.
"I said, his name is Peter Williams... do you know him, Lucy?" I had heard right.
"No, not really but I have heard of him. I..." I stopped not sure whether to tell Darrell about my earlier success using the chair.
"Yes, he is very well known in the city. So, is everything good with you? You don't mind showing him around?" He asked.
"No, it will be fine. I'm sure of it Darrell."
"Brilliant. I will see you tomorrow and you can tell me how it went with Peter."
"Yes okay, Darrell. Bye for now." I said and then I heard the receiver click and he was gone.
I sat there feeling stumped about what Doctor Darrell had just told me, and then, I realised, that I hadn't asked him about Peter Williams' qualifications. I knew he was a qualified architect but I had not found out anything about his science education or if he had one.
Well, it would definitely be an interesting meeting. I, suddenly, saw Peter's face in my mind. I remembered how he looked when I had been on the train that day. I smiled. It would be good to meet him in person at last.


To be continued.......

Read Chapter 8








Copyright 2018 Denise Larkin. All Rights Reserved.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction to The Chair - A Sci-Fi Novel Set in New York

An Introduction to The Chair and the cast will be revealed in this post. The Chair is a sci-fi story set in a fictional New York City. Check out who plays Lucy Bridges, Peter Williams and Dr Darrel Simmons along with other fictional characters that may pop up in the story.  These fictional characters maybe from movies, tv shows and more. Some of them so far have been Damon from The Vampire Diaries , Dean and Sam Winchester from Supernatural. Now find out who is starring in The Chair . New York City - taken by Denise Larkin

10. Doctor Darrell's Answer

The Chair "Hello, Doctor... it's Lucy," I said.

The Chair - A Fiction Novel by Dee Larkin

Photo credit: (taken in New York) by myself The Chair by Denise Larkin Read on below...